Saturday, November 21, 2009

Budding Artist?

Most likely not, but this is still awesome. A year ago it was very hard to get him to sit down to paint, color, ect. He just isn't interested in it. At school they say he'll go along with them to do these kind of projects to get it over with. One day while I was at the dollar store I bought some watercolors thinking the therapists would like to try this with him. I was right. It took some prompting and hand over hand to start, but he eventually took the brush and started painting. He was just stroking it wherever on the paper, but we were thrilled to see him doing it.





One of the therapists is an art major. She's interested in art therapy. Last weekend it was really nice outside so she brought Eric outside with sidewalk chalk. I was out with a friend so I didn't see them do this. This is what I came home to



I asked this therapist when she was here if Eric actually helped her with this and she said he did. Sidewalk chalk is something I am not fond of touching, so for him to do it was surprising to say the least. I'm quite impressed at how this turned out, and with Eric being willing to participate in something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment