Sunday, March 28, 2010

One Step Closer...



This time I was able to get the picture while he was still holding it. He is really talking in it. There is nobody on the other end of the line. I was doing the talking instead. This is a real phone, but it's only plugged in to electricity, not the phone line. The real phone here is a cell phone. With the right person I think he could handle himself in a short phone call.

Eric has gotten so much better at expressing himself verbally. This morning before therapy I had to get him dressed. He wanted to eat, when I told him he needed to get dressed first his response: "I'm mad!" and the tone of voice to match. Later he told his therapist in no uncertain terms to "Go away!". Wow,I thought I had a little boy, not a teenager! He is also learning to use the words yes and no. This was hard for him at first but he's getting better. The things taken for granted by most of us...

The long days have been hard on him and it's been showing in his behavior and moods. It's times like this when I know we are doing the right thing and this is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment