Friday, May 1, 2009

My Little Computer Whiz?


Andy loves the computer. He has a fascination with any electronic item that has buttons, lights up and makes noise. I have to keep my cell phone out of his reach at all times or he will go online with it and buy games, or call God only know who. The computer seems to be his favorite thing right now. Mostly he likes watching Youtube videos, anything with music in it. He has started getting into Facebook, as shown here. He started typing a bunch of random letters and numbers in my status and making comments with the same type of thing. I had people asking me if I was OK and if I was trying to ask for help. Didn't mean for that to happen. I am watching him much closer now when my computer is on. That is still hard to do. He goes on this machine with a purpose. He uses the mouse and keyboard quite well, the mouse in particular. He knows where to find the Youtube videos I have bookmarked for him and Facebook with no problem. He knows where he wants to go and gets himself there. Andy may be autistic, but he is smart. He still knows what he wants.
I recently installed the Zac Browser for Andy. Now he can play with the computer and not get into trouble :-) He loves watching all the videos on there. So does baby brother Jon, or he likes most of them at least. There is one video on there with Cookie Monster singing about the letter "C". It starts out with a cow mooing. Andy now moos too when he sees and hears that. It is so cute. The problem is that Jon absolutely HATES that video and cries every time he hears it. Don't know if he is tired of it since it has been played so many times, if the cow mooing scares him, if he don't like Cookie Monster's singing or what. This is a frequent argument in this house now. I am glad to see him have fun with this and imitate the cow mooing :-)

Updating ...Andy invaded my Facebook page again. He put up at least 30 status updates for me. Little smarty pants was quite busy. I was waiting for Eric to come home from school and I will admit I was getting a little sleepy from running around cleaning all day. At least he kept this in tact! It's all cleaned up now. I'm glad he gave my friends a good laugh. Gotta love cute little ones :-)Picture of the damage...

No comments:

Post a Comment