Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Persistant, Resourceful Little Boy

Here is my son playing with his ZAC Browser. He has a splint and sling on his right arm because of a fall he had Tuesday night. Does this stop him from finding a way to do what he wants??? Heck NO!!! This boy still finds his ways to make trouble and get what he wants. Being cute is definately his advantage :-) He is doing real well with the molded splint. The sling, he's not too crazy about. Not that I blame him. It is really hard to keep that on right and it has to be adusted all the time. It hurt him when I had to move his arm into the right spot in there. I will be glad to be rid of that thing. The only time he fought at the ER was during the xrays. He even let them put the splint on with very little fuss. It was after 3 am at that time and he was so tired I don't think he cared what they did. He would lay down when nobody was working with him and try to go to sleep. Mommy was feeling the same way. Too bad I had to get up at 6 am with brothers. We attempted to send him to school on Thursday. He was sent home because he needed a release from a doctor to attend school, liability concerns. The orthopedic doctor's office finally called me back Thursday afternoon and set up an appointment for late Friday morning. Normally Andy don't handle doctor's offices well. He is in a real good mood considering he has a hurt arm. We get there and he is fixated on a large fish tank in the waiting room. He was engrossed in the fish the whole time we waited, which was a while. This was our savior for this whole appointment I think. Yes, there was some crying again with the xrays and when they cut off the sling and put on his new cast. There was a chip at the end of the forearm bone. He will wear his blue cast for the next 3 weeks. I got so many pictures of him in the cast, doing the same things that Andy always does. It was hard to keep him still to get good pictures. The bad news is that the transfer cable got fried with my PC on Thursday so I can't get them uploaded until next week when the cable is shipped to me. I am so proud of how Andy has handled all of this. If there is anything that will help him through his challenges in life it is that he lets nothing stop him. He finds a way to do what he needs to do. Way to go Andy! More pics will be added once I can :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment