Monday, August 10, 2009

Eric's First Day of Camp

He had fun, I think. He will get a tent. That will be nice for hiding in :-) I am going to have to work some things out with them as far as eating and bathroom are concerned. He would not drink out of his straw cup so I think I will have to bring the orange one with premade CIB and some cheerios. That is an easy fix. He would not use their bathroom, or let anyone change him. He came home to me soaked. At first I thought they may have went swimming with him in his regular clothing. Didn't see swimming on the itinerary. I am going to have to send his swim trunks, and some extra sets of clothing. This not wanting to be changed thing, that has to be worked on. I am going to take him into the bathroom there right at the beginning with one of their workers to hopefully make that happen. Other than that it went good from what I was told. He seemed happy there but was saying bye bye when he saw me. Easter Seals is great working with these kids and I am sure we can work this out for the next 3 days. The overnight, I don't feel as secure about this now. It isn't going to happen until these 2 issues are sorted out. Thankfully it is not too far away on the chance it just don't work out. I think this will be a great experience for him once we get this other stuff taken care of. Waiting for a call back from the camp director.

I don't really know how his therapy is going to work out with all of this. His late afternoon therapist shown up about a half hour ago to work with him for 2-3 hours. The senior called and asked me if camp was this week. I've been telling them about this since I knew. She said she would ask if some of his therapists could work later. Never got a call, but this one shown. Don't know how the rest of the week will work out. I was told he could be short on hours this month so we are going to have to make adjustments there. Plenty to keep us out of trouble. It will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment