Sunday, February 1, 2009

Catching Up

It has been a while since I updated. There was not much going on for therapy last week because I've been sick with a nasty flu bug. They came for a couple of hours on Thursday because I forgot to cancel them. That was also the day I loaded myself up with cold/flu meds and caffine and brought Andy to his appointment. I was wiped out an hour and a half before the session was supposed to end so they left. I feel bad that he had to miss so much. We will be back on track starting tomorrow. His schedule came in the mail yesterday and he is going to have a long week. He is going to have therapy for 6 days, 3 hours Mon-Fri and 6 hours on Sat. This is a big step in working up to the required hours. I hope he handles this OK. We still have time if he struggles with this. The sooner we all get used to this the better. On Friday he has an appointment for a haircut and the therapists are going to attend. I told them to come with a suit of armor on. He will give them a show of his worst meltdowns and behavior there. Eric has his appointment with the lead therapist (the psychologist) last Monday. I was going to write a whole entry on that, but the appointment did not warrent that. All that happened there was that we reviewed his treatment plan and his progress. The partners and Dr. H gave a few suggestions and that was it. These meetings with Dr. H are going to take place every 6 weeks according to state regulations. Maybe as time goes on these will be more informative for me. I will update on Andy's evaluation with the neuropsychologist tonight or tomorrow. I have so much to catch up on and still regaining my strength. I hope last week don't set him back and he can get into the swing of the incereased hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment