Sunday, February 15, 2009

Eric's Haircut


We made it through. Eric's therapists were going to come to observe his behavior, help us through this and give us suggestions to make this easier for all of us. Unfourtunately the community outing form was not submitted to the county in time so they could not come for this one. Now that this has been approved they will be able to attend with us for the next 6 months and still get paid. Eric's baby brother Jon also got his first haircut at this appointment. He did great. Eric was well, Eric. His head is so sensitive. He don't understand why this has to be done and that it won't hurt. It is just tourture in his mind. I got a workout just getting him into the room and the chair with me. He is over 50 lbs and when he is upset and don't want to do something he just falls to the floor and dead weights himself. It is very hard to grab him and lift him without hurting myself. Once I get him on me I have to wrap my legs around his so he don't kick everyone and hold his arms so they don't get in the way. There is a second stylist that holds his head while the other uses the clippers to buzz him. Even with holding him he still kicks, hits and scratches. He screams and cries so much it attracts attention. It hurts me to hold him. I usually leave sore, bruised, scratched and tired. He leaves tantruming. This is not a fun experience. Thank God for our wonderful stylist Vanessa. She is wonderful with all my boys. He eventually gets over it. He looks so handsome in the end that it makes me want to forget what we had to go through to get this done. For now I am going to admire my great looking son.

No comments:

Post a Comment