Monday, March 2, 2009

Eric Meal Time

I have been assigned by the psychologist at the feeding team and Eric's senior therapist to videotape Eric eating a typical meal. A couple of goals that we have is to 1. Get him to accept a different cup than what he drinks from. The only one that he will accept now is no longer made. and 2. tolorate a spoon for eating. We are starting very slow here. The first step is for him to accept these items in his space, aka on his tray. Next is to get him to touch the objects. The cup has vanilla carnation instant breakfast in it, the spoon is a typical table spoon with nothing on it. As you can see we got some accepting and touching. I don't know if it has to be without a fuss, but he did it. Keep in mind that I am working with him while I am taping this and I am by no means an expert at video production. This went better than I expected, no major tantrums.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


There you have it folks

3 comments:

  1. Great job to Eric for touching! That was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for touching. Can you set the camera on the counter, or on sme books on the counter and look through it to make sure its set right then turn it on ands start? Just an idea if you have to do more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric touching the cup and spoon is huge. He used to throw the objects and hit, scratch and kick me while I tried to get anywher near him with them a few months ago. I am so proud of him. I will have to do more videos. I have to do a 5 min. one the week of his appointment this month. It will be done while a therapist is here so one of us can work with Eric and the other can record it. I will try setting down the camera if I have to do this myself. Thanks for the suggestion Heather.

    ReplyDelete