Thursday, July 16, 2009

Eric's Going To Camp

The acceptance letter came in the mail today. He will be going starting on Aug. 10th through Aug 13th from 10 am to 3 pm. This will be at the local YMCA facility. It will be traditional camp type activities. I think he will enjoy it. On the 14th they are taking the kids to a camp site overnight. This I am very nervous about. I really do not think he can handle this. On the other hand, he does need to be able to cope without me around all the time and learn to go to sleep without me by him. This may be a good opportunity for him but it may be just too much for him. It says in the letter he can opt out of this portion, which I am seriously considering. This camp is covered by a special needs grant and is free of charge for Eric, so that isn't an issue. It could end up being worse for me to handle than him, but decision on whether to take that chance. His teacher works for this program and recommened it for Eric. I know she would not suggest something that would not be a positive experience for him. Too bad I couldn't talk to her about this concern. I left a message with the director and will ask her about how this works, whether or not I can come get him if it just don't work out and if it would be better to just not do this. Either way I am sure he will have fun with the rest of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment