Friday, January 29, 2010

Never Thought I'd See The Day...

I heard a bunch of jabbering going on in the living room and figured Eric saw something out the window. Then I looked closer and saw him with a toy phone that we've had for years. Jon must have dug it up from the toy box. Then I seen the handset to Eric's ear and he was jabbering away. I honestly don't know what he was saying or who he was talking to. He was too busy talking to tell me that :-D I run to get the camera then I heard him say bye and hung up. Then he saw me with the camera so of course he wouldn't pick it up and talk again. He just held the toy and gave me a stunned look. SOMEBODY taught him how a phone works. It maybe could be me, but I'm really not a phone kind of girl. Talking on the phone makes me nervous and I try to avoid it if I can. I'll gladly get on the phone if it means talking to Eric, or any of my sons for that matter! :-) The pretend play I've been seeing from Eric is beyond amazing!!! He is understanding what happens and how the world works. He still has a quite a way to go and his verbal communication needs to expand and improve to have real conversations. But this is so full of HOPE! All this hard work is paying off. Eric always seems to pick the days that I really need something to cheer me up to do things like this. He really knows how to make my day. I could only get the one picture with him holding the toy phone with that look on his face since he wouldn't do it any more once he seen the camera. So you'll have to take my word for the rest, but that's easy enough to do.

5 comments:

  1. Hurray!! I know exactly what you mean about phone play! Waited for years and now my son LOVES his toy cellphone and even campaigned for a Blackberry just like Daddy's.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! It 's always great when pretend play comes out isn't it? My son doesn't do it often, but now and then it comes out :)


    Visiting from My Kids Are Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm contacting you on behalf of Autisable.com, a blogging site dedicated to raising awareness and encouraging discussion about the challenges of autism, aspergers and ASD. We are interested in syndicating your blog on Autisable.com. Please contact joel@autisable.com for more information if you are interested in adding your blog to Autisable and reaching even more people with your story. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a little something for you here :)

    ReplyDelete