Saturday, January 9, 2010

So Cool to See What They Really Understand

Maybe I'm making too big of a deal over this. But this is the first time I ever seen any of my kids do something like this. Plus I was really in a crappy mood all day and this was really the bright spot for me. I went upstairs and saw Eric with a Little People fireman and this toy safari car. He was "walking" this figurine around. Then I seen him open the door to the toy truck. He then put the Little People guy in the seat, closed the door and they took off. He pushed it for a while, then repeat. This is the first time I've ever seen anything resembling pretend play from any of these boys. Yes, this is simple but it was so cool to see he was getting this concept. Just like when I seen him playing a car racing game he was stopping at a red light. Ok, that is not good for a race but he knew that red light means stop.

Of course when I try to get pictures of him he don't do as much and needs more prompting. I was able to get a couple with him putting the guy in the truck. He was really having fun with this. That was so nice to see.

2 comments:

  1. That is WONDERFUL peggy! Go Eric. And it's always great to make a big deal of it! Be excited. You should celebrate every little baby step he takes! He is doing it becuase YOU as his mom are helping him get this far and succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! It is not a little thing, it is a HUGE thing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete