Thursday, January 28, 2010

One step closer



Nobody said he had to be happy about it...He's holding the spoon with the applesauce, now to slowly guide it to his mouth. I got 2 notes from school that he tried vanilla pudding. A $1 snack pack was bought. So far it's a no go at home, but there is a little less resistance than with the applesauce. He's been cooperating better lately. He fights a lot more for me than he does the therapists. I've also found cutting the CIB down has been much easier than I thought it would be. He's been drinking pediasure, yogurt,babyfood and milk mixes and fruit juice. He's still allowed one CIB. Again, there was resistance at first but now this is satisfying him. In April we will see the results of the blood tests and his weight and know whether this is working. The hardest part of all of this is dealing with the resistance, crying, tantrums and everything else that comes with this. In order to help him, the therapists and I need for him to comply. This isn't about making him happy. We try to make this as fun and pleasant as possible, but we can't give in. For me this is much harder. He gives me a real hard time where with the therapists he's good. We'll get there, just keep doing what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment