Friday, September 4, 2009

Fall Therapy Updates

There hasn't been much going on. Most of Eric's therapists have gone back to school and have very limited schedules and Eric is not on it, or they left the company. The thing is, these therapists gave me 2 weeks notice that they were leaving. The company should have known this and started hiring and training while they were here. He was running short on hours for August because of his week of camp and staff shortage. Add in the fact that some there has been sickness and vacations with the therapists too. Now that the fall schedule has started his therapy schedule is quite short to say the least. One of the new trainees lasted a week. The other one I am not sure about. There was another I met briefly once but she didn't seem that friendly. She's on the schedule for Sunday but she isn't trained in yet and I don't know if she is staying with Eric or not. Eric has had one day of therapy this week. His next day is tomorrow for 3 hours. From here, who knows. The state requires a minimum of 20 hours a week to stay on the funding waiver. Hopefully the provider has talked to who they need to about their staff shortage. Personally I think they should have prepared better for all of this, but I don't know everything that goes into this either. This is the 2nd provider we've worked with and it seems to be the nature of this business. Hopefully we have a pickup in hours soon. In the mean time I am doing what I can with him. Thankfully it is pretty easy for parents to learn and apply ABA techniques. It does take a lot of time and patience which I know is not as easy for some parents as it is others. For now I am doing what needs to be done. He is back in school now to so that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment